One of the 13 neighborhood district in Seattle, Ballard is bounded by the shores of Shilshole Bay, Salmon Bay, 8th Ave NW, and NW 110th Street.
- The city of Ballard was a boomtown in its own right until its annexation to Seattle in 1907.
- Today the Ballard district is home to approximately 45,000 residents.
- Ballard is unique among other communities because it serves as a regional commercial center as well
- as the heart of the Northwest’s maritime industry.
- There are over 6,000 jobs and nearly 3,000 businesses in the Ballard district.
- The Ballard Locks is the city’s third busiest visitor destination, attracting over 1.5 million visitors annually.
- A visit to the fish ladder, the education center, the Carl S English Gardens and the Locks themselves are a truly unique experience.
- Ballard is a community of neighborhoods including Sunset Hill, Central Ballard, East Ballard, Whittier Heights, Loyal Heights, North Beach, Olympic Manor, Crown Hill, and Blue Ridge.