Tonight, Wednesday, May 15, 2019, there is a public open house regarding the Interbay Armory site redevelopment. This is a historically significant opportunity for potentially adding significant affordable housing and community amenities, adjacent to light rail, with proximity to downtown, Queen Anne, Magnolia, and Ballard.
According to My Ballard, this second open house is “to discuss options for the redevelopment of the large National Guard Armory site in Interbay is coming up in May. The state-owned site, located just behind the Whole Foods on 15th Ave W in Interbay, is being considered for redevelopment as it’s no longer an ideal location for the National Guard.”
Note that there will be additional open houses on July 30 and October 1.
Visit the Interbay Public Development Advisory Committee web site for more information. You can sign up for email alerts with updates on project development.
Who serves on the Interbay Public Development Advisory Committee?
- Representative Gael Tarleton, Washington State House of Representatives
- Senator David Frockt, Washington State Senate
- The Honorable Gary Locke, former Washington State Governor, former US Secretary of Commerce, former US Ambassador to China
- Brian Lloyd, Vice President, Beacon Development
- Doris Koo, Community Development and Affordable Housing Expert
- Colonel Adam Iwaszuk, Construction Facilities Management Officer, Washington Army National Guard
- Commissioner Courtney Gregoire, Port of Seattle Commission