In keeping with our mission of providing a forum for community engagement, discussions and information sharing, this past year we’ve hosted three well-attended candidate forums and offered a wide range of meeting topics.
2019 meetings have included:
- city council and county council candidate forums
- the Crown Hill Upzone
- the Interbay Armory project (with Rep. Gael Tarleton)
- Seattle Police Community Service Officer (CSO) program
- Seattle Community Police Commission (CPC)
- a meeting focused on elder care
- a visit from the Department of Neighborhoods
- as well as updates from the new Kaiser Permanent Clinic, Ballard Senior Center, the Ballard P Patch, and Our Redeemers Safe Parking Program
To access archived videos and meeting agendas, click here.
For 2020, we’ll start the year with:
- a visit from WA State Senator Reuven Carlyle on Wednesday, Jan 8
- and we’ll turn our attention to the re-opening of Webster School, (a significant expansion and remodeling), on Wednesday, February 12.
We have many more topics in mind for other upcoming meetings, but we would love to hear suggestions from the Ballard community — what civic topics are important to you? Please let us know via email or Facebook messenger.
Also, please help spread the word that Ballard District Council is a great place to come together — sharing and learning as a neighborhood civic community. All are welcome.
We hope to increase and diversify attendance, during this era of tremendous growth and change, and we rely on active community members to make it happen.
Thank you and happy new year from BDC!