May 13, 2020 — Covid-19 Local Panel Update (Online Meeting)
- Full online video available with detailed notes to jump to specific time marks.
- Panelists included:
- Jody Grage, Ballard Community Taskforce for Homelessness & Hunger
- Mike Stewart, Executive Director, Ballard Alliance
- Rosemary Byrne, King County Health update on Ballard Farmers Market
- Seattle District 6 Councilmember Dan Strauss
- King County Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles
- Community Q&A
- The meeting was followed by a community open mic night hosted by Grumpy D’s coffeehouse
March 11 and April 8 meetings had to be canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.
February 12, 2020 — The Re-Opening of Webster School
- 2/12/20 Agenda
- My Ballard article with meeting synopsis (” A Closer Look at Licton Springs K-8 at Webster”)
January 8, 2020 — Senator Reuven Carlyle
- Washington State Senator Reuven Carlyle joined us to provide an update on his work representing the 36th Legislative District and answer a wide range of community questions. Thank you, Senator Carlyle!
December 2019 — Seattle Police Community Service Officer (CSO) Program, Incoming D6 Councilmember Strauss, BDC Board Elections
- Video of Seattle Police Community Service Officer (CSO) presentation
- Video of Incoming District 6 Councilmember Dan Strauss
- 12/11/19 meeting announcement with agenda details
November 2019 — Elder Care Presentation, Ballard Senior Center, New Kaiser Permanente Clinic
October 9, 2019 — King County Council District 4 Candidate Forum
October 2, 2019 — City Council District 6 Candidate Forum at Nordic Museum, co-hosted with Ballard Alliance
September 2019 — No meeting, due to two candidate forums being hosted in October.
August 2019 — Summer break. No meeting.
July 2019 — Interbay Armory Project, Ballard P Patch, Our Redeemers Safe Parking Program, Ice Cream Social
June 2019 — District 6 City Council Candidate Forum
May 2019 — Seattle Community Police Commission (CPC)
April 2019 — Dept of Neighborhoods (DON)
March 2019 — Crown Hill Upzone
- Due to severe weather, this meeting had to be postponed. The Seattle Community Police Commission is rescheduled for May 8, 2019.
January 2019 — BDC Member Organization Updates & Open Forum
In 2018, agendas featured a wide range of projects and issues, including:
- Councilmember Mike O’Brien District 6 Update and Q&A (including ADU/Cottage Legislation, MHA)
- BNSF Railroad Bridge Replacement
- City of Seattle Proposed New Tree Ordinance
- Law Enforcement Assisted Diversion (LEAD)
- Ballard Alliance Update on Homelessness Outreach and Public/Health Safety
- WSDOT Viaduct Replacement and Hwy 99 Tunnel Opening
- Sound Transit 3 Neighborhood Input
- Major Building Developments (15th & Market, Ballard Blocks 2, Stimson Bay Office Campus)
- SPU Ship Canal Water Quality Project
- Safety at Ballard Commons Park
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.