Date(s) - 05/13/2020
7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Join us for the first-ever BDC online meeting — a Covid-19 local panel with CM Kohl-Welles, CM Strauss and more
Where to find us?
Access the video that evening via the Ballard District Council YouTube channel
During this extraordinarily unique and challenging springtime, we are welcoming an online panel of local leaders to provide pandemic-related updates for the greater Ballard neighborhood, including:
- King County Councilmember Jeanne Kohl-Welles
- Seattle City Council District 6 Councilmember Dan Strauss
- Ballard Alliance Executive Director Mike Stewart
- Jody Grage, on behalf of Ballard Community Taskforce on Homelessness & Hunger, with a brief overview re: neighborhood homelessness service providers
- Rosemary Byrne from King County Health, with an update on public health protocols for the Ballard Sunday Farmers Market
Send Us Your Questions
We will save time for about 15 minutes of community Q&A with the panelists. Please submit questions in advance, by Tuesday, May 12 — via email to email@example.com or by Facebook messenger. We will select a representative sampling to pose to the panel and will compile the remainder afterward as a record of community questions and concerns (subject to editing for civility/relevance).
Entertainment to Follow …
The BDC meeting broadcast will be followed at 8pm with an online open mic night hosted by Grumpy D’s, so stay tuned afterward for neighborhood entertainment from 8-9pm!
- This meeting will be broadcast using Zoom, via the Ballard District Council YouTube channel and web site.
- It will be archived for viewing afterward, if you’re not able to tune in live that evening.
- BDC meetings occur on the 2nd Wednesday evening of each month. They are typically 90 minutes in length, but this online meeting will be 60 minutes.
Please help us share this event information with other Ballard area groups and community members. Let them know they can follow Ballard District Council on Facebook and sign up for our email notifications (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: Following March and April meeting cancellations due to Coronavirus stay-home orders, we had hoped to resume with our originally planned May agenda, focused on bicycle/pedestrian-safety programs in the neighborhood: Seattle Neighborhood Greenways and SDOT’s Safe Routes to School. We will be featuring these topics at a later date, as we rejig our agendas and meeting formats to evolve with the unfolding pandemic.