Neighborhood Matching Fund
Neighborhood groups, community organizations, informal groups, and business groups who want to do a project to build stronger community connections are encouraged to apply to the City of Seattle’s Neighborhood Matching Fund. Central to NMF is the community match which requires awardees to match their award with contributions from the community whether as volunteer time, donated materials, donated professional services, or cash.
To be eligible for funding, a project must:
- involve community members in creating and completing the project;
- create community improvements;
- be free and open to all members of the public;
- be feasible and ready to begin within 1-2 months from the award date;
- demonstrate community match;
- occur within the Seattle city limits;
- not have received NMF funding within the last two years.
Your Voice, Your Choice
Your Voice, Your Choice: Parks & Streets is a participatory budgeting initiative in which Seattle residents democratically decide how to spend a portion of the City’s budget on small-scale park and street improvements. A total of $2 million has been allocated in the 2019 budget and residents can participate in the district where they live, work, go to school, receive services, or volunteer.
This link will take you out to the main page of City of Seattle grant opportunities.